Real estate property visits in a festive atmosphere
05 December 2017
It’s Christmas time and the festive atmosphere is very present in the Lake Garda area. Beautiful Christmas markets entchant alongside many lake promenades, a lot of them even until the first week of January. Entire villages and places are magically decorated, glistening seceneries as well as originally outstanding Christmas cribs portray that very special time of year. Skating rinks, culinary marquees, local specialties and arts and crafts booths – just to name a few – are there to entertain young and old alike. Due to the mildness of the climate, those often stunningly sunny winterdays, and the overally calm period of the year, a Lake Garda visit during the Christmas holidays can become a very special setting for pure relaxation.
Estate agents oftentimes are more relaxed as well, eventually could even have better offers and sometimes vendors do lower their prices during the winter months. Why not take all that for a valid motive to plan a quick trip to Lake Garda? Connect charming excursions to enchanting places with real estate visits.
Everybody driving from the Italian border, Brennero, to Lake Garda should consider a stop over and visit one of the beautiful Christmas markets in South Tyrol or the Trentino Alto Adige area.
Christmas markets and Events around lake Garda
- Culinary booths, Christmas gift ideas and traditional toys for children
- Open until January 7, 2018; Fireworks in December 9
- Friday through Sunday open from 10am-7pm; Saturday from 10am-8pm. Also open on December 4., 5., 7., 20., 21., 26., 27., 28. and on January 1, 2, and 4, 2018; Closed on December 25, 2017
- Pretty Christmas market directy on the lake promenade and harbour offering craftsmanship and culinary local specialties of the region, an invitingly cosy igloo-bar with an attached skating rink, as well as many other special events
- Open until January 7, 2018; closed on December 25, 2017
- On Fridays until December 22 open from 3pm-7pm; on weekends and holidays open from 11am-7pm; from December 23, 2017 until January 10, 2018 open daily from 11am-7pm
- A Christmas market in the spirit of solidarity with street performers, music and Christmas decorations
- December 17, 2017
Brenzone sul Garda
- In Campo di Brenzone there is a worth seeing Christmas crib exhibition open until January 15, 2018
Canale di Tenno
- Traditional Christmas market with typical craftsmen products as well as regional delicacies
- On December 2., 3., 8., 9., 10.,16, 17., 23., 26., 27. and 30., 2017
- Pretty Christmas crib exhibition in Corte Torcolo, directly next to the Enoteca
- From December 17, 2017 until January 7, 2017
Desenzano del Garda
- No traditional Christmas market but a swimming crib, diverse Christmassy events and artificial snow in the main shopping promenades creating a very special festive atmosphere.
- On December 31 music in the “piazza”, to celebrate new year’s eve
- From December 6, 2017 until December 23, 2017 open daily from 10am-8pm
- Christmas market with a culinary tent directly on the lake promenade exhibiting also an underwater crib.
- Until January 8, 2018
- Small but very nice Christmas market on the “piazza” and alongside the lake promenade.
- From December 2, 2017 until January 7, 2018; crib in the church of San Nicolò until January 28, 2018
- In the old heart of the village Bezzecca there is a small Christmas market with local culinary specialties and craftsmanship.
- Open from 4pm-8pm on December 26., 30. and 31, 2017 and on January 1., 5, 6. and 7, 2018
Lonato del Garda
- Various Christmas events like concerts, theatres and cribs until January 6, 2018
- From December 7 until January 7, 2018 ice skating rink for kids
- From December 7 until 10 and from December 16 until 17, 2017 Christmas market in the spirit of solidarity, open daily from 11am-6 pm
- La casa di Babbo Natale – the house of father Christmas for kids in Castello Scaligero, open from 2pm-6pm on December 8., 9., 10.,23., 24. 26., 30. and 31.
- Friday, December 8: inauguration of the route of nativity scenes on the river Aril; tasting of local dishes and hot mull wine
- On December 12 celebration of Santa Lucia starting at 4 pm; Santa Lucia’s arrival scheduled for 6 pm
- From December 15 until December 18, always starting at 6pm singing choirs walk through the streets of Cassone
- On December 16, 23 and 30, 2017 and on January 2, 2018 starting at 4pm living cribs in Via Cavour
- December 23, at 7pm, Christmas concert in the Santo Stefano church
- December 31, at 11 am, New Year’s concert at Palazzo dei Capitani
- Christmas market from December 23 until January 7, 2018; from 11am-6 pm; on December 25 from 3pm-6pm and on December 31 from 12 noon until 00.30 am
Manerba del Garda
- Christmas market with lots of artistic gift ideas, street artists like fire-eaters and magicians for children
- From December 17 until January 7, 2018; on December 17., 24., 25., 26., 31., and on January 1, 6, and 7, 2018 from 9am until 7pm. On December 25, 2017 and on January 1, 2018 from 3pm–7pm
Peschiera del Garda
- Peschiera does not have a Christmas market, but a worth seeing underwater crib. Standing on the San Giovanni bridge, one can admire that original crib even after the Christmas holidays. The beautifully decorated streets are an invitation to a wintery shopping stroll.
Riva del Garda
- Small Christmas market in the centre with it’s characteristic South Tyrol style. A must for families with children: La Casa di Babbo Natale – in the fascinating ambience of the fortress of Riva the house of father Christmas awaites children with it’s bedroom, it’s post office, a wardrobe, fun games, bricolages and more.
- From December 2 until December 30, 2017
- Understanding among nations during the Christmas period in Rovereto: Craftsmen and artists of different countries.
- Open daily from 10am-7pm, culinary booths with food and drinks until 8pm
- On December 24. and 31. open from 10am-5pm, on January 1, 2018 from 12– 7pm
- Until January 7, 2018; closed on December 25, 2017
- In the citycenter on Piazza Fiera and in Piazza Cesare Battisti
- Open daily from 10am-7.30pm, on December 26, 2017 and January 1, 2018 from 12–7.30 pm
- Until January 7, 2018, closed on December 25
Tremosine sul Garda
- On January 6, 2018 a festive procession of the three wise men is celebrated in Vesio di Tremosine. The Christmas market is open on December 3., 10.,17. and on December 29, 2017 from 10am-5pm
- Christmas market “Nürnberger Christkindlesmarkt” on Piazza dei Signori
- Sunday through Thursday from 10am-9.30pm
- Friday, Saturday and holidays open from 10am-11pm, on December 24, 2017 until 5pm; on December 25, 2017 opens at 3 pm.
- From November 17, 2017 until December 26, 2017
- Villaggio Flover, Christmas paradise with the famous Christmas village exhibition and all imaginable Christmas articles to buy. Workshops for kids. On specified days with an entrance fee.
- Open daily from November 4, 2017 until January 7, 2018
- Opening hours: 9am-7.30 pm; closed on December 25, 2017 and on January 1,
- Saturday, December 31, 2017 open until 6pm