It is raining precious Michelin stars for Lake Garda
27 November 2017
Italy is famous for its culinary delights, in the whole world. Next to the typical pasta and pizza dishes, almost every locality offers their own culinary specialties. Tourists and homeowners all around Lake Garda are certainly appreciating this fact.
But NOW there is even one more reason to be pleased with and maybe even go ahead and plan that very special and romantic dinner for two...
Lake Garda can recently count 9 more stars on the popular firmament of the Michelin gourmet guide 2018. Seven of them are to be found on the Brescia side of the lake, two on the veronese lakeside of Lake Garda.
Gargnano shines in a very special light
The current Michelin gourmet guide 2018 honours Gargnano, the small village of just about 3000 inhabitants, with 4 Michelin stars as a whole for their outstanding restaurants. A brilliant achievement!
- The well-know restaurant Villa Feltrinelli, which has already been honoroud the first time in 2014, even wins two stars at once. Since 2004 it is Stefano Baiocco, the master chef, who pampers the guests with exquisite dishes.
- Also the long-established Ristorante Tortuga, situated directly at the harbour, has already been honoured since 1980 and carries on winning the coveted stars.
- The new edition to the Michelin star winners of the small village is the Ristorante Villa Giulia under master chef Maurizio Bufi, obviously being very proud of the conferred price.
Also winners of the precious Michelin stars are these restaurants
- Desenzano: Ristorante Esplanade headed by their chef de cuisine Massimo Fezzardi.
- Gardone Riviera: Ristorante Lido 84 headed by their chef de cuisine Riccardo Camanini.
- Manerba: Ristorante Capriccio headed by their chef de cuisine Giuliana Germiniasi.
- Sirmione: Ristorante La Rucola headed by their chef de cuisine Gionata Bignotti.
Two restaurants with Michelin stars also on the veronese lakeside of Lake Garda
- Cavaion Veronese: Ristorante Oseleta, whose culinary delicacies are created by master chef Giuseppe D’Aquino.
- Malcesine: Ristorante Vecchia Malcesine headed by their wonderful chef de cuisine Leandro Luppi.